Pacesetter operate in various sectors including sports coaching and wellbeing. The company currently works in 120 primary schools with anything from 1 to 28 weekly sessions in each. Our ethos is that sport and healthy living should be accessible by all.
The role contributes to the sports coaching section of the company; however, there are plenty of opportunities for cross selling across both sectors.
The role involves carrying out a weekly programme of multi-sports coaching sessions in primary schools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Coaching a range of sports
· Planning progressive, thought provoking and fun, structured sessions
· Keeping organised with registers and attendance
· Managing each session to ensure it runs smoothly
· Dealing with any disciplinary problems
· Building good relationships with parents
Level 1 or Level 2 NGB Coaching Qualification (essential)
A* - C in GCSE English and Maths (essential)
Full, clean driving licence (essential)
Up to date Frist Aid qualification (desirable)
Child Protection/Safeguarding qualifications (desirable)
- Proven experience in a range of sports, able to pass on that knowledge in a mature, concise and professional manner to both pupils and teachers and when required, control and discipline a large class in line with school's behaviour policies
- Capable of communicating with and developing the skill levels of children, becoming someone that they look up to
- An organised individual who can manage their time effectively and efficiently
- Possess good relationship development skills for ongoing repeat business and relationships with colleagues
- Comfortable with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Comfortable with driving on a daily basis
- A health-conscious individual who prides themselves on their fitness
- A team player
- English language and phone manner are of a standard capable of communicating professional with key decision makers