Hope Enterprises is a social enterprise or Community Interest Company set up by the Northampton Hope Centre charity, established in 1974. The charity works to tackle poverty, especially related to homelessness, through a range of services including a day centre and food aid service. The enterprise offers opportunities for service users from the charity, and elsewhere, who have challenges with employment, lack skills, or have been unemployed, to obtain training and develop new skills and confidence, get work experience and some paid roles.
The enterprise sells cheap food, clothes, vegetables, catering and recycled garden tools, with the potential for gardening services.
The role is concerned with improving the marketing of Hope Enterprise's various businesses above. Hope wants to improve the level fo sales by widening the sales outlets and the promotional material to attract people to them, creating better awareness of the brand what it does, focused on its social purpose and specialist, niche and sometimes artisan nature. We want to review our products, where they are sold, and how we can attract more awareness and sales.
- To analyse Hope's product range and devise new ways it can be marketed
- To identify suitable marketing and sales opportunities for enterprise products
- To help develop marketing materials and messages to improve sales and service usage, using a range of media and methods
- To work with HE staff to design marketing strategies that capture the brand and its story
- To work with service users and trainees on this project
Marketing expertise or experience: understanding of point of sale opportunities
Social media expertise
Commitment to the client group and the aims and values
A commitment to ethical trading
Ability to write good english text for auidiences
Desirable design skills online
Honesty and energy