A little about LEIDA
Leida was established at the beginning of 2016 in Bedfordshire to offer small & medium enterprises (SMEs) an all new British online marketplace through which to market and sell their high quality and innovative branded products; Leida's marketplace being an alternative offering to that of the American giants that presently dominate the world of ecommerce.
Leida's journey so far has been an exciting and challenging one and now becomes even more exciting with the forthcoming launch of its completely new multi-vendor shopping channel similar to that of Amazon, where partner companies, will be able to manage their own product ranges - images, pricing , promotions, stock control, etc - via their own dedicated dashboard.
However, until Leida is in a position to develop its own bespoken online marketplace software, it plans to use software provided by Cs-Cart, a highly comprehensive multi-vendor package which will meet the company's immediate needs. Cs-Cart is an open-source product built in PHP and HTML with a powerful in-browser editor that lets a web-developer edit template files right from the Cs-Cart admin panel.
The company is looking for the right person to join its small team, someone who has some coding ability and can make an immediate contribution to the development and launch of the new Cs-Cart website. The initial task will be to set-up and manage multi-channel vendor routes and to ensure Cs-Cart functions as it should, so that revenues can be generated.
After a successful launch there will be a requirement to provide ongoing technical support to both the company and its partner companies and to assist in the continuing development of the site.
Leida is keen to retain good talent who will be totally committed to the mission of the company, therefore subject to the growth prospects of the company at that time, you will have an opportunity at the end of your initial contract to extend the role so as to help you develop your skills into a more senior position.
- Evaluate and where necessary implement/enhance the Cs-Cart software. Configure the Cs-Cart platform in accordance with the best practices in the industry.
- Analyse and resolve technical and application problems.
- Familiarise yourself with the underlying PHP structure to make future modifications .
- Provide ongoing technical support to both the company and its partner companies.
- Write operational documentation and provide subsequent support and training for users.
Personal & Soft Skills Required
- To fully commit to the mission of the company.
- The ability to contribute, lead, manage and participate in decision-making.
- Attention to detail.
- Confident in coding.
- A committed team player.
- A positive and "can-do" individual.
- A considerate individual who approaches his or her work in a calm and thoughtful way.