The purpose of this position is to provide service support and electrical support and expertise to fellow employees within the Mantis Cranes Group as well as customers from both customer regions to ensure the smooth running of the company’s service and maintenance function, ensuring the maximum uptime of all equipment at best value.
The position will require liaison with all service personnel inc operations department, external contractors, and our customers to ensure that the company’s plant and equipment is kept fit for purpose. In doing this you will be required to work as a member of a team or as an individual as the case may be.
The main tasks associated with the position are, however are not limited to:
- Provide electrical support to all customers
- Provide electrical back up support to service engineers within the group
- Provision of first line technical support register calls, resolve where possible, or advise service manager accordingly.
- Carry out repairs to all electrical i.e. remote controls, electrical cabinets, etc.
- Respond to maintenance and breakdown calls on customer’s site as required.
- Provide back up support on the safe erection and dismantling of all cranes and assist when required
- Liaise with all service engineers to help improve their level of competency in electrical fault finding to help improve the service provided by both companies
- Develop and deliver an electrical training programme that will up skill the electrical knowledge within the Service Department. This will involve one to one or group training on site or in the factory.
- Review all relevant electrical information on all products and ensure that it is accurate and up to date revising as necessary with appropriate document revision procedures
- Liaise with suppliers of electrical items – remote controls, cranes gensets etc with regard to all technical matters
- Maintenance of technical revisions of documentation such that all revisions are recorded and appropriately approved internally or third party suppliers as appropriate
- This position requires a high level of inter-personal skills and an ability to influence both internally and externally.
- Previous experience of construction plant or similar is necessary together with a technical ability – electrical, hydraulic & mechanical
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office is a requirement
- Good written and verbal communication skills are necessary as is an ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Demonstration of a can do positive approach and an ability to contribute to and work flexibly as part of a small team.
- Possession of a drivers licence.