Time2Grow is a multi-million pound EU funded programme designed to help businesses solve some of their most challenging problems by accessing a skilled graduate workforce.
- The University will employ the graduates, covering payroll costs, NI and recruitment costs. You only pay 40% of the total employment cost.
- University graduates come with a range of skills and benefits that can help business reach that next level.
- Graduates that are fresh in to the workforce are keen to prove themselves and to progress.
- Graduates are digitally literate and bring a natural fluency to a rapidly changing landscape, making them comfortable with technology and multi-tasking.
- A graduate’s adaptability and inquisitiveness make them ideal for tackling unfamiliar problems.
- Graduates bring an enthusiastic attitude and are looking to challenge themselves professionally; giving enterprises the edge they need to compete effectively.
- The University will invoice the business on a monthly basis for a 40% contribution to the salary - whilst the University pays the other 60%..
- The University will send you applicant details enabling you to shortlist and interview possible candidates’.
What does the Graduate get?
- This graduate scheme gives you a 10 week paid knowledge exchange secondment working on a real business project.
- Each secondment is for one graduate and will last up to 10 weeks (at 28 hours per week).
- Free training on how to make the best of the opportunity including a workshop and 1-2-1 session with a business professional.
- A range of graduate level job opportunities to choose from in all sectors, located within Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cherwell Milton Keynes, Aylesbury Vale and Welling borough.
- Support and advice during the project.
- It can be ANY graduate living in the SEMLEP area (South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership) who has graduated from any university in the past 5 years.
- The Careers and Employability team can provide support with CV and application writing as well as interview techniques, as required. For further information including availability and advice please visit the careers website on: www.beds.ac.uk/careers
Once registered you can sign up to a work readiness programme workshop. When you have completed the workshop you will be able to apply for jobs.
Should you fail to attend the workshop that you are registered for you will only have one more opportunity to register for a later session. Failure to attend a subsequent workshop will result in being removed from the programme.