Brilliant Africa is a start-up travel company specializing in helping our customers explore Africa. Dig deeper and you’ll see that Brilliant was founded by two ambitious, award-winning travel entrepreneurs, with decades of experience building meaningful travel businesses across the world and a large, successful sister company to draw on for support and advice. Our aim is to help travelers see Africa as it is, in its resplendent glory, chaos and wonder. We want to tread a delicate balance - between witnessing places as they are, ensuring people experiencing the wonders and enabling people to feel comfortable doing so - and helping improve areas that need it. Through our sister companies, we have the advantage of being able to share in the knowledge and systems that have been developed over years of work and across thousands of happy customers in multiple destinations by industry experts. A strategic imperative at Brilliant for the remainder of 2020 is an expansion of the guidebook content on our website as we continue our mission to become the de-facto guide to each region we operate in. This content creation is guided by careful analysis of search demand and competitiveness.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, creative, and energetic intern to help propel us into the post C19 world of East African travel. You will be spearheading this effort, so will gain huge insights into SEO and content marketing in a startup environment. Alongside the development of new web content, you will also be working closely with the founders to support our PR efforts (we were recently featured in Forbes and The USA Today). The role will also offer a great introduction to the digital growth strategies of a small company with huge prospects. We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and specifically prohibit discrimination of every type.
The role will involve:
- Content writing & SEO
- Reviewing and improving existing guidebook pages on our website
- Researching and writing new guidebook content
- Designing maps and graphics for our website (skills dependent).
- Learn the ropes of on-page, off-page, and technical SEO and work with the founding team to identify areas of opportunity through keyword analysis
- Creating a content plan for maximum ROI over the next 3 months
- PR & Acquisition
- Support with journalist outreach
- Support in the development of new acquisition channels, including the creation of new affiliate partnerships
- High-level strategy, working alongside the founders to identify new business opportunities in the South East Midlands and globally for the post C19 world
- Working with our partners on the ground in Ethiopia and Uganda to understand how we can best serve customers over the rest of 2020 (think ‘social distancing safari’).
Excellent written English: ideally a contributor to a blog, publication or guidebook
Excellent written communication skills generally
Exceptional attention to detail
Good people skills - ability to inspire and enthuse customers, collaborate with our Ethiopian and Ugandan partners, and gel within a tight-knit team
A natural sense of order & structure, ability to prioritize in busy times
Ability to work independently without close supervision
A desire to help visitors understand Africa and provide a positive impact both environmentally and socially to our destinations.